Tuesday 24 April 2012

Power line at 12h00



Back in 2007, I had the chance to be welcomed in Alberta by two friends of mine, Robert and Andrée, two Quebeckers who have been working at Fort-McMurray for the past 10 years.  They had proposed that I come and hunt with them for the making of my second film.  One of the agreements was to give them a hand to setup some tree-stands in « big buck spots », as Robert would say.  After some scouting, I chose one of these famous spots right under a power line and suggested that they hunt it all day.  They always had the bad habit to get out of their stands at 11h00 and be back at 14h00.  A friend of the couple, Robert Blackurn form Alma, had never killed a nice buck despite 3 previous trips in the west.  I therefore suggested to him to use the tower in the power line and to bring his lunch with him instead of coming back to camp for lunch.  Finally, on his second day at 12 :10pm, a nice looking 155BC buck showed himself on the right side of the tower and therefore supported my theory of big bucks moving in the middle of the day… especially in the west and in forest area.  

 Have a good day. Louis